3 Easy-Peasy Dinner Recipes For Noncooks
It can be grueling, trying to figure out what to cook. But these three recipes are so simple to prepare that anyone can make them. And they’re quite tasty, too!
Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 8-ounce container of sour cream
Place chicken breasts in a 9- by 13-inch greased baking dish. Mix the soup and sour cream; pour over the chicken. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes (or until thoroughly cooked). Serve with rice and peas.
Slow-Cooker Potato Soup
- 1 30-ounce bag of frozen, diced hash browns
- 1 32-ounce can of chicken stock
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese
- 1 to 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- Bacon bits for topping (optional)
Mix the hash browns, stock and soup in the cooker. Cook on low for 7 hours. Cut the cream cheese into little pieces; add to the soup. Cook for 1 hour, mixing in the cream cheese. Serve topped with cheddar (and bacon bits).
No-Prob Pot Roast
- Pot roast
- 2 yellow onions, cut up
- 5 potatoes, cut up
- Bagged baby carrots
- 2 cans green beans
- 1 can beef broth
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced onion
Spray the slow cooker; put in the roast. Add the onions, potatoes, carrots and green beans. Pour in the broth. Shake a little salt, pepper, garlic powder and minced onion over everything. Cook on low for 8 hours.
This article originally appeared in Relax & Radiate Crate's mini magazine, The Girlfriend From AARP mini magazine (Volume 2, Fall 2021).